Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WOW..... DID I DROP THE BALL OR WHAT!?!?!?! : An Apology


Greetings from the ATL,

I hope that this post finds you all well.

As we all know, Summer is over and I really dropped the ball on keeping everyone updated on what happened in Florida. I apologize and hope that will not happen again while I am in Italy. I hope that you all will keep looking on this blog as I travel on what promises to be a journey of a lifetime. Please pray as I make preparations to leave the states. Here is the latest news on the trip.

Officially, we have 13 days till departure. I know my countdown clock on the right hand side says 12 but we have been pushed back a day due to some unforeseen events. We are officially leaving on Tuesday, September 2nd. Funny enough though is the fact that I will not be traveling with the group over to Italy but will be meeting them there thanks to my father's free flight privileges that pass down to any dependents under the age of 23. My flight will leave at about 4:35 PM on the 2nd and will touch down in Rome about 8:25 AM on the 3rd. The crew from Faulkner will have a much longer day ahead of them starting out about 6:30 AM. They will be flying on Northwest and will be flying from Montgomery, AL., to Memphis, TN., to Detriot, MI., to Amsterdam, The Netherlands and finally to Rome, Italy. I will be arriving an Hour and a half earlier than them and will be meeting Dr. Edwards, the man in charge of the whole trip that is affiliated with Freed-Hardman University in the Rome Airport. The Faulkner group will be flying for 26 Straight hours so please pray for them.

Officially, the count is going to be 55 people on the trip (if you include both Freed and Faulkner). Currently, Faulkner has just started their classes on the Montgomery Campus yesterday. I was there for Freshman Expierence as a mentor but since I have no classes to take on campus, I have no place to stay on campus. Since I will be leaving from Atlanta, I decided to stay with my parents at my home near Atlanta. I am begining to pack up things and making my list on what to take.

Now I do admit that I can pack to much stuff so this craziness of packing light is all new to me. I am praying that I will be packing light enough so I do not kill myself trying to lug too much around on my travels. I am also learning and researching how not to dress like a tourist. The handbook that the students going on the trip received speaks plainly on how dangerous it is to travel around dressed like a tourist because people will treat you differently and can also target you easier for pickpocketing and scams. This is a new concept for me but I am learning quickly.

Another thing I am learning is how to pack under limits for flight. This part is tough because we have to pack enough clothes to live on, enough stuff for our studies, some textbooks for some of our classes and much more. It gets crazy and the littlest things seem to put you over weight sometimes. I know I will just have to figure it all out. Pray that we succeed.

I'll keep you posted on more as I hear it. Pray as we make final preparations for my journey. Love yall and take care

Love and peace to you all,
In and because of Him,

Συνέκδημος υμων


P.S. Please be sure to check out the new web cast on UStream. The group and I will be streaming live a few nights a week so we can communicate back to the states via Web cam and we will also have some of our devos streaming as well. A more definitive schedule will be out soon. The link is on the right hand of your screen. Thanks.


KC

No comments:

Church of Christ Oceanside Picture Updates