Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WOW!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!!: An Update on the Status of the Trip!!!



Greetings from Atlanta,

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of my trip. Currently, I am still at home in Atlanta waiting for the trip. We are inching ever closer to our September 2nd departure and as it stands right now, we are currently less than a week away from our trip.

A few big things have happened since my last note. The leader of the group, Dr. Terry Edwards, from Freed-Hardeman University, had open heart surgery a few days ago. This surgery was a surprise to everyone and was a last minute thing placed upon Dr. Edwards. Therefore, Dr. Edwards could no longer go on the trip with us. This was scary because the trip was kinda up in the air for a bit. However, another Professor from Freed decided to step up and take his place. Dr. Edwards son, Jonathan, has currently filled the rest of the position of being in charge of the trip while the new Professor from Freed will be doing the teaching. Dr. Edwards is doing fine from all reports. He is gaining strength everyday and is currently resting at home comfortably. Meanwhile, Jonathan left yesterday to set everything up for us in Italy. He should be arriving some time today. Please pray for his safe travel.



WHERE WE WILL BE LIVING

I also now have an address for you to reach us via snail-mail if you so choose. The location we are staying at is:

Hotel Sobaria
Via Dela Pineta 2
06010 Citerna (PG)
ITALY

Below are some more pictures of Citerna and Where I will be staying.




The following link will lead you to a video that will let you see what the hotel is like. The video is of a dance class that is happening at Hotel Sobaria and lets you see some of the great sites we will be seeing in our new hometown of CITERNA.




ANNOUNCING MY USTREAM WEBCAST
We are getting more and more excited every day about this trip. I hope that all of you will keep checking this blog often for updates from me as we go on this journey of a lifetime. However, I also will have a webcast on USTREAM.TV while we are in Europe called the FCU/FHU STUDY ABROAD CONNECTION. This webcast will serve as a means of communicating back to the states so we do not spend money talking on the phone. It also provides parents, family, and friends another means of communicating with their loved ones while they are in Italy.

If you look under the section called “links” on the right of this screen, you will see a link that leads to our webcast. All you have to do is log in and get an account with USTREAM (WHICH IS FREE!!!!) and you can chat with us via the computer. Each show will have a chatroom available that my fellow travelers and I will be able to see. You can ask us questions, send messages to us and hear stories of our travels and studies. Our goal is to try to webcast some of our devotionals over the internet. Thirty minutes before and after our devotional, I will allow my fellow travelers to get on the camara and talk to people that are online if they wish. That way, if they would like to set up a time with some people back home to meet up on the site, they will be able to chat with them for a few minuets and communicate with there loved ones. If you have any questions about the webcast, let me know. There is no definitive scheduale yet on when we will brodcast but we will have an idea when we finally get to Citerna.




LEAH MOSS: ITALY EXPLORER

Furthermore, I am also going to put a link to Leah Moss' blog ITALY EXPLORER on the right hand of the screen as well.. Leah is one of my best friends and she will be blogging during the trip as well. This way, you all will have more than one point of view of what is going on during our trip.


You can also click here to go to her blog.


That's all for now. I will probably update again before the trip with a list of stuff that I packed so future generations of Study Abroad students can learn from my mistakes and triumphs and with more information as it comes along. I hope all is well where you are.


Love and peace be to you all,
In and because of Him,

Συνέκδημος υμων



P.s. I just got the news today that I will be blogging on two blogs. My blog that you are currently viewing, and the official Faulkner and Freed-Hardeman Study Abroad blog. This blog will be the some/what official record of our trip. Click HERE to check out the new blog. You can also click the link on the right hand side of the screen.
KC



No comments:

Church of Christ Oceanside Picture Updates